What does our regular work schedule look like? Glad you asked!
This is a great question.
In the last month or so I’ve set a little system up for communication and accountability of tasks:
I set/communicate tasks with my team for the week ahead first thing on Monday mornings. I’ll check last weeks’ unfinished tasks, allocate time blocks and then work through the week accordingly. Each Friday at 3pm my team and I email each other with what we’ve done for the week, what’s left to do and reasons why tasks were not completed. Then I set a new list for the upcoming week that Friday at 4pm, and so forth.
I find it’s great for staying accountable within our team, as well as identifying road blocks.
In total transparency is our ideal list of some routine tasks. It's not perfect, but it does help us cover both short-term projects and regular client work, plus it focusses on accountability, content creation and staying on track with analytics.
- Check and respond to emails
- Check clients' notifications across all social media and content platforms
- Check clients' scheduled content
- Check current paid campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest
- Other work completed for clients is checked before sending for approval
- Monday 8:30am - Nicole prepares for team meeting agenda
- Monday 9am - team meeting where tasks are confirmed for the week, client work is approved by Nicole
- Monday afternoon - finances and invoicing
- Tuesday - client meetings
- Wednesday - blog posts (in theory!)
- Friday - reporting and analytics
- Friday 3pm - accountability emails to/from team members on tasks completed and held up, reasons for setbacks
- Friday 4pm - set agenda for Monday's meeting with focus on resolving setbacks
- First Friday - reports are completed and sent to management clients
- Third Friday - content for the upcoming month is scheduled and sent to clients for approval
- Monthly strategy meetings with clients
- Fortnightly meetings with our business coach.