When you engage me to perform work in a freelance or independent contractor capacity, you will need to accept the below. Why have I shared this?
- This is a living list of policies and values I have for conducting my freelance social media and digital marketing services. They are subject to change.
- If any provision of the below shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this list and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Always double check an agreement before signing.
- I work best in the mid-to-late mornings and mid-to-late afternoons, and I often work into the evening. Any communications during these times are likely to be more 'switched on.'
- I have my down-time and social engagements like most people too. Most weekends on a Friday or Saturday evening (unless previously arranged) I will not be able to immediately answer my phone or attend to a desktop computer.
- In priority order, the best ways to contact me are:
- Short message (SMS, Slack, Twitter or Facebook messages),
- Email or Linkedin message,
- Voice (phone call or Skype),
- In person (which can be booked here) and
- Postal mail is the absolute last option.
- Further contracting for ongoing social media services can happen at any time, even after a contract is already signed.
- Where necessary, my project team may include outsourced web specialists, content providers, graphic designers, and other professionals.
- I will remain upfront about who I invite onto the project, because not only will it only benefit results, but also because I wish for your social media campaigns to be as rewarding for you as possible.
- All documents created in the duration of a project remain purely between yourself and I, unless otherwise permission has been granted.
- All ownership of work completed by myself rests with me until full payment has been received. Once I have received your final payment, you own all visual elements that I have created for you, for the project.
- You guarantee that all elements of text, images or other artwork you provide are either owned by you, or that have you permission to use them.
- I am not responsible for any legal issues that may arise as a result of your images or content infringing on someone else’s intellectual property rights.
- You should supply graphic files and photographs in a high-resolution, appropriate digital format.
- If you choose to buy stock photographs, I am able to suggest stock libraries and purchase images at an additional cost to you.
- I love to showcase work and projects that I'm proud of. I reserve the right to promote my work in other media not necessarily owned by myself, such as websites, portfolios, presentations, events and print media.
- Additional promotion of my work on your projects shall not breach the above privacy terms.
- Throughout all opportunities I will endeavour to present a professional, true representation of your business.
- Rates will be confirmed in writing before work commences. Quoted rates are an estimate and are subject to change.
- I reserve the right to adjust project rates should the scope of the project change, or the amount of work required at my end is increased significantly by the request of additional requirements.
- Should there be any new, foreseeable charges, I will notify you (most likely by email) and obtain an explicit agreement before proceeding. Such additional charges will be billed together in the next invoice.
- The project’s estimated cost is negotiated and paid prior to the commencement of work.
- Where a split payment is negotiated at least 50% of the total project cost is expected prior to work commencement, and the remainder is to be paid upon presentation of the final document.
- Additional services can be negotiated after work has been completed, and please note that expenses such as advertising charges are included in invoices after they have occurred.
- Yes, I do charge late payment fees, and these will be communicated to you both within our agreement and on invoices.
- Legal advice will be consulted should a client negate to settle an outstanding account within 60 days of the invoice due date.
- Should you decide to terminate a project without sufficient notice, the full quoted cost of the project still applies.
- For consultations and smaller projects (under a day's operation), 50% of the total project still applies if cancelled within 48 hours notice.
- In the event that I may cancel my involvement in your project for unforeseen reasons, all money paid other than the trial shall be refunded.
Consequences of work
- I cannot guarantee that my work will always be error-free and therefore cannot be liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings or other incidental consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate social media accounts, websites or online profiles, even if you have advised me of the possibilities of such damages.
- I also cannot be held responsible for issues or errors that arise as a result of changes/additions made to the social media profile, website or database by someone other than me.